Saraswati Nursing Institute was established in 2003 under the aegis of Saraswati Education and Welfare Trust, The objective of the trust is upliftment and empowerment of the girls of the region by imparting professional education of Nursing. The well-ventilated classrooms and lecture halls are equipped with LCD projectors, Overhead projectors, etc. to provide students a comfortable learning environment. All the laboratories are well equipped as per Indian Nursing Council (INC) norms
We provide an encouraging learning environment that helps in gaining confidence and self- assurance as you develop your skills. You will acquire knowledge with high-tech, innovative teaching aids that make your classes exciting and engaging. Additionally, you will have access to highly committed teaching staff and passionate subject matter experts.
The college has independent teaching blocks that comprises of spacious class rooms, labs, offices, the library, the common room and a recreation room. There are adequate classrooms with the capacity of accommodating all the students admitted in each class. The rooms are well ventilated and properly lighted. Adjacent to it is the hostel for the graduate and postgraduate students that has spacious rooms along with canteen.
The institute also has lush green lawns & gardens with variety of ornamental plants and seasonal flowers. An open ground is also accessible for conducting sports, and other open stage programmes within the safe premises of the campus. College is equipped with fire extinguishers and other safety and security measures.
This institute has a very magnificent building with spacious classrooms, these well-ventilated classrooms and lecture halls are equipped with LCD projectors, Overhead projectors etc. .to provide students a comfortable learning environment. The institute has set up a well-equipped computer lab along with internet networking.
We are indeed proud to say that our library has a large collection of latest books in core subjects and nursing specialties.
The library is well ventilated, spacious with comfortable sitting arrangements. Along with books; national and international journals, newspapers, magazines, and periodicals are subscribed regularly. We have secured over 4000 volumes on various subjects of the syllabus, supplemented with books on general interests covering wide spectrum and also continue to get a number of Indian and foreign Nursing journals.
E-library in collaboration with HS-LIBNET of BFUHS, Faridkot also gives access to myriad multi-disciplinary information sources. Internet facilities have been provided to access the online library collections, and any things related to the user area of study and research.
The hostel is compulsory. Only in extraordinary circumstances, the candidate may be allowed to stay with the permission of the President.
The hostel is situated inside the Institute Campus building and students are accommodated in Fully furnished Three seated rooms. An individual Cupboard, Chair and study table is provided to the students in the rooms. Washroom is attached to the room
The institute has a spacious dining hall where meals are served. The food is prepared aesthetically and sustainably in a hygienic kitchen adjacent to it. All efforts are made to provide nutritionally balanced meals to the students at a reasonable cost.
Hostel also has a Recreation room with Television. Students spend their leisure time watching the T.V. and playing indoor/ outdoor games. Hostel has a lawn and a ground where students can play various outdoor games and have morning/ evening strolls.
Rules and Regulations of the Hostel
Rooms should be kept clean and tidy. Students are fully responsible for loss/ damages of furniture supplied to them.
- Proper locks should be put to the cup-boards and boxes. Jewellery and expensive items are not permitted in the rooms.
- Allotment of the rooms will be made by the warden.
- Wastage of water and electricity will render the students liable to disciplinary action.
- Students can go home for two days in a month provided no hospital duty and classes are missed. Parents will have to take a prior permission from the principal of the Institute for this purpose. Failure to return in time will be dealt with seriously and strictly.
- In case of sickness, the student should report to the Principal/ Warden.
- Parents are requested to come and check the progress of the students from the class teacher/ Principal on any Saturday during working hours.
- Parents/ Relatives should visit the students during visiting hours only i.e. from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. in visiting room on Saturdays only, only those relatives will be allowed to visit the students whose photographs have been submitted at the time of admission.
- If parents wish that their children can travel alone, they should give the undertaking/ consent in writing to the Principal
All the laboratories are well equipped as per Indian nursing council (INC) norms. The state of the art laboratories having full size dummies for teaching mock patient care by way of demonstrations to the students, Obstetrics and Gynaecology lab, Community Health Lab, Anatomy and Nutrition laboratories have been set up to facilitate practical training of the students.
A well-resourced computer lab with Internet access is set up. Subject-specific learning material and online nursing journals can be accessed through HS-LIBNET.